Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memes

Still in a meme mood. Stealing from comebacknikki (to whom I have been trying to link, but the computer won't let me).

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader
 

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
 
Literate Good Citizen
 
Book Snob
 
Fad Reader
 
Non-Reader
 
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



ABC meme


Accent: I grew up on Cape Cod, got made fun of for my accent when I went to college in Wisconsin and mostly dropped it. Now my family sayd I have a Minnesota accent. And my husband says I get the East coast back a bit if I'm on the phone with my family for a while.

Booze: I haven't had any in quite some time.

Chore I Hate: All of them. But especially anything outdoors, so those are my husband's job.

Dog or Cat: I have a dog. But I love cats too.

Essential Electronics: Cell phone, computer, digital camera

Favorite Cologne(s): I generally don't wear anything, because I work in long-term care, and the scent can bother people. If I do, I prefer body sprays, especially midnight pmegranate from Bath + Body Works.

Gold or Silver: I prefer silver, but my wedding ring is gold, and my watch has gold accents.

Hometown: South Yarmouth, MA

Insomnia: Never. I'm a sleeper.

Job Title: Assistant Director of Nursing

Kids: I'm working on it.

Living arrangements: N and I have a 4 bedroom house.

Most admirable trait: I usually remember to say thank you, and I'm sorry when appropriate.

Number of sexual partners: I don't want to say. At least two, since I've been married twice. Anything else no longer counts. :)

Overnight hospital stays: Never. All my hospital stuff has been out patient thus far.

Phobias: Spiders, the dark, being alone

Quote: "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." ~Mark Twain

Religion: We've been going to a Lutheran church lately, so I guess that's my newest label.

Siblings: Three siters, one brother, all older than me

Time I wake up: 7:30-ish on weekdays, whenever I feel like it on weekends.

Unusual talent or skill: I can say the alphabet backwards. Also, I read pretty fast. That's about it.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Okra and eggplant

Worst habit: Eating too much and biting my nails

X-rays: ankel, hand, head, chest

Yummy foods I make: macaroni, pork + saurkraut, enchiladas

Zodiac sign: Cancer

1 comment:

Biddie said...

I have a slight east coast accent, too. I do hear it at times, but my hubby says that he can hear it after I get off of the phone with my family that still lives there.
I am a cancer, too. Is your birthday coming up, or did I miss it??