Monday, September 14, 2009

bullets

  • Patrick Swayze is dead, which is so sad. He was more talented than I think he got credit for, and he was far too young.
  • John Hughes died last month, also hugely talented and too young. I went to Blockbuster to get a few gems and when I mentioned at the check-out that I had to get them because I just heard about him, the teenager didn't know who he was. I didn't know whether to be depressed because that obviously means I am old, or to be disgusted that someone who works in a movie rental store didn't know John Hughes!
  • I joined Nanowrimo! I am going to do it this year. Woot! I have no idea what to write about yet, but I have six weeks to figure it out...
  • Yet another entry on the list of things everyone else seems to love that I can't stand: Eva Mendes. What is the attraction? She's a total horse face. The only good thing about her Calvin Klein underwear ads is that her wet, stringy hair usually hides her face. Eww.
  • I found out that Neil Gaiman, who is divorced, is now dating Amanda Palmer. While I will always love his writing, I lost some love for him with that info. I am probably judgmental, and weird, but I can't help it.
  • My newest guilty pleasure is Taylor Swift...this happened a few months ago. So when I heard what Kanye did I had to watch the video. As my friend C would say, Kanye's an ass-hat. I used to like him, but he has gone over the edge. On the other hand, I have never been a Beyonce fan, but I respected her decision to give Taylor back her moment.

1 comment:

Biddie said...

I never used to be a Beyonce fan, but my youngest is (was?) and my way cool sister knows someone in the biz so she got us 5 tix to her concert in 2007. Let me tell you, she puts on one heck of a show and (seems to) respect everyone of her crew..That impressed me.
Kanye was a douche bag. Katy Perry said that it was like he stepped on a kitten. I couldn't agree more.
John Hughes was a huge part of my growing up. I swear, he actually read my diary to come up with some of stuff. He must have, it was that real to me....
I used to love Harrison Ford. I guess that I still kinda do, but wtf is with the earrings and parading around with Calista Flockhart? It's like he lost his senses when he got involved with her.
Just saying.