Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome 2009

I have really cool coworkers. I have an appointment today for which I need a $20 copay, and of course I forgot to stop at the ATM. So I asked one friend, and he didn't have it, but then he asked another person and she is loaning me the $20 until tomorrow. So nice!

Also, I was asked by my boss yesterday to help her out with a super secret mission (which makes it sound more important than it is), but it makes me feel good. I've been feeling not so positive about work these last few months, over four months actually, and now it's beginning to look up. She actually said she appreciated me. Wow.

So I never did a "look back at 2008" kind of thing. It was definitely a year. At the end of 2007, N and I looked back and decided that it had been the year of drama, and we decided that we were sick of it. So we declared that 2008 would be the year of the recipe. Having finally gotten settled in our house, we thought we would spend the year cooking and perfecting our favorte recipes. That lasted until March, when we got Loki, and it quickly turned 2008 into the year of the puppy. Training the puppy, playing with the puppy, learning to get home to the puppy, feeding the puppy. It's been a long puppy year. But now he is eleven months old, and while he is still crazy, there has been improvement. Of course, this week we inherited N's parent's cat, Charlie, for the remainder of the winter, and that is causing a whole new puppy wrinkle. Puppy finally gets his big boy bark. But we'll get through this too.

Also, we started the whole in vitro plan this year, which is still in progress. Not to much to say about that, except that it has been difficult, and trying, and I applaud N and I for handling it as well as we do.

So I have a different job that is starting to get more comfortable, no kid yet but a good plan in place, a beautiful house (still not quite 100% decorated, but great nonetheless), and a fantastic husband. I think 2009 will be a great year.

No comments: