Thursday, August 27, 2009

N's 30!

Yesterday was the big N's big 3-0 birthday! He got birthday money from his parents and we went on a shopping spree! Okay, not knowing N, you might not know how funny that last sentence is. N is the least materialistic person I know. It makes him a lovely person, but it's also frustrating as hell, because he is impossible to buy presents for. He never wants anything! And he hates shopping, because he's so tall and it's hard to find things that fit. So he gets the money for his birthday, and he decides there's some things he need. So off to the outlet mall. Watching him actually spend money...on himself...was the cutest thing ever.

We were in the Levi's store, where N got a pair of jean shorts, when I noticed something amusing. Another couple, in their forties, were also shopping for jeans for him. And a kid about 12 was there with his mom. When N came out of the dressing room and I made him turn and sit and looked at how the shorts fit, then he went back in, I watched as the mom and the other wife did the same thing. I thought it was cute how your mom helps you with it, then passes it on to your wife.

So N is 30 now, and he seems to be taking it better than I did. But 32 doesn't seem so old now that he's no longer 29. :)

2 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Happy 30th to N! :)

Jenn Bennett said...

Almost the same age difference between Phil and I, funny.

And Phil is also the most unmaterialistic person I know. He could care less about how he's dressed or what he looks like, even though I think he always looks great!