Monday, October 27, 2008

self-improvement

I think I'm growing as a person. :) Yesterday was the baptism of my goddaughter, L, and it was such a good day. Well, aside from the fact that I have a few issues with L's daddy's family, but we'll put that aside for now. They're not MY in-laws, after all. And thank gods for that.

But it was good for me in that I had no jealous, envious feelings about the parents having a baby while I didn't. Which I usually do. It's hard not to feel that way, and I thought the baptism would put me over the edge. But L was such a beautiful baby, and so good, I couldn't help but be in a good mood. And I got some three month pictures of her, so I have plenty for my brag book now.

I guess part of it is that I know we have an impending date to maybe have our own good news. Right now it's buoying me up, but if the news turns bad... I don't even want to think about that. I know it will work out, one way or another.

No comments: