Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Blues

For reasons I don't understand, Facebook will not load on my computer at work today. I have had to end task all three times I've tried. I haven't had any other internet-related issues today, but this one is making me mad. All I want to do is check in, but no, it won't let me. The fact that I have tried three times, coupled with the fact that I am now writing a blog about it, may make it seem like I have nothing better to do at work than hang out on the internet. (Not to mention making it seem like I'm obsessed with Facebook.) Neither of these things is true. I just have these little pockets of time during the day and I like to do a quick e-mail check, blada blada, and the internet being weird makes me annoyed. Blah.

I am totally not into the Christmas spirit this year. After three and a half weeks of Christmas music, I am already sick of it right when I should be getting into the mood for it. And buying presents will not be exciting. Everyone is on a budget, people are losing jobs, now is not the time for gratuitous spending. Plus, I'm not going to the Cape, where all the kids are, so I don't think I am buying for them this year. I am going to see my mom in Arizona, so I'll bring her some presents. She deserves it, after spoiling my butt all those years. So yeah. N, his parents, our parents. No friends are exchanging gifts, even, since everyone is so poor. But I will buy for my god-daughter, and N's god-daughter. That will be fun. And I'm making Christmas cookies, which I hope to give out to my neighbors. So there's a little bit of spirit, but overall it feels like a dull Christmas this year.

No comments: