Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yes, I'm serious.

Recently, N and I joined a church. And before anyone has a chance to ask, no, I have not been struck by lightning yet. :)

There are people who will likely be surprised by this. And that's okay, I expected that. But people who know me really well ought not to be surprised, the ought to have seen it coming. I've always been a very spiritual person, although for years I rejected the traditional structure of church. And in a way I still do. But over the years I've learned that a community can be a good thing. And when N and I get around to having kids, I want them to have a community too. So there it is.

After all the time I spent rejecting the very idea, I expected to feel chagrined about this decision. I don't. I feel comforted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are people that are going to be shocked at your decision, and there will be the ones that say, "I told you so." Do what feels right to you... I think that's the right answer.

Nicholas said...

As long as you are happy with it I am happy for you.

Truth-Monkey said...

Aww...I've got warm fuzzies from all the love. :) Thanks, guys. It's a transition, but I think it's the right one. It also doesn't change anything about who I am, just so everyone knows.