Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alaska Pics

The troll under the bridge in Seattle.


This is our ship, the Norwegian Sun, from the Space Needle.
The view from under the Space Needle.

The sunken gardens in Prince Rupert, BC.
This was a show about the songs and stories of the Tsmishian people of BC...very cool.



And a view of the harbor in Prince Rupert.






These were views of the White Pass from the train.







The train we were on for the White Pass Scenic Railway.

This is a glacier we saw from the ship...can't remember the name.







I bought these shoes for the trip...I love them!







Here you can see the color change in the water as we approach the glacier.



















This is Mendenhall Glacier, in Juneau, and some ice floes from it.

























This is in the Misty Fjords National Park.
And Eddystone Rock is near the entrance.


















































This sign is in Ketchikan and it's hilarious.
















This is Olyve Oyl, the octopus at the Aquarium in Seattle.
Okay, so the whole thing is backwards, because the pictures I downloaded last ended up at the top. And I have no idea how it will look when I publish it, but there are some Alaska pictures. Enjoy!

EDIT: I had to go back and move almost every caption to make it line up...at the end I got a bit lazy, but you get the general idea...

2 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Very nice! Looks like you had a great time!

Marni said...

We went to Alaska last year and fell in LOVE with it. You have brought back some wonderful memories... think I'll go check out my pics again.

Glad you had a great time!