Wednesday, June 17, 2009

more books!

I keep meaning to post pictures of Alaska/ Seattle on facebook...I'll try to remember to post some here too.

Today is day 3 back at work, and I am still not used to it. I need another week, I think. :)

So when my mom was here a few weeks ago, she left me a book on CD that she had already listened to. I wasn't going to listen to it, because I never have listened to a book on CD before, and it was by Mary Higgins Clark. Nothing against her, she's just not my cup of tea. But I decided to try and I really liked it! The book was A Mount Vernon Love Story -- a fictional account of George and Martha Washington. So it wasn't the normal Clark thing, and I enjoyed the story. And it was fun to listen to on the way to work and the way home. Since I have a long drive, I always wish I could read on the way, and this way I did! I don't know why I always rejected the idea before. Also, while I enjoyed the story, I probably would have had more complaints if I were reading it myself. It wasn't the most well-written thing I've ever read. Excessive amounts of sentences were started with adverbs, which bugs me. But I liked the lady's voice, and I got a little lost in the story and forgot to criticize. So today the story ended and I was sad. I'm headed to the library after work to find a new one. Yay for trying new things! And I think that since it's a different experience than reading a book on my own, I may choose books to listen to that I wouldn't neccesarily pick to read - which is a good thing.

Today's the birthday party for all residents with a June birthday, and I never say no to cake, so off I go...

No comments: