Monday, June 29, 2009

Bayfield and stuff

N and I spent the weekend in Bayfield, WI. I had to go to see the Indigo Girls concert, and we decided to make a weekend of it. It was funny, just having come back from this amazing week in Alaska, to take a mini vacation in a place that is in some ways similar, but on a much smaller scale. It was pretty, and we had fun in two hotels (it was a booking issue, but we liked it!) And the Indigo Girls were awesome, of course.

Then I come back to work today - after getting up at five and driving all the way back, because the concert was on a Sunday night - and don't get out of work until almost 8pm. It's not all the fault of the idiots who got fired last week - some of it was just crazy stuff that happened today - but I'm choosing to blame them, because it makes me feel better. Damn morally questionable coworkers!

I did a quiz on Facebook, and I actually thought the results were true. Here's a description of me based on the week I was born:
You appear to be normal but are attracted to the unusual and bizarre. You let few people into your secret world. You can be wacky and zany and have a wilder side that only close friends get to see. You are a collector, reader, and movie watcher and are drawn to the dark side of human experience. It is hard for you to control your desires and you can become obsessive. You often retreat into your own world, you value your privacy and your home is your sanctuary. You ask little more then to be left alone but you are a great deal of fun for your close friends and family. You are sensitive, thoughtful and caring. Strengths: Fantasy Rich – Fun – Psychologically Astute Weaknesses: Self destructive – Obsessive – Embarrassing

1 comment:

comebacknikki said...

Oooh, I love Bayfield! I haven't been up there since we were in college though.

Did the Indigo Girls play in Bayfield?