Friday, November 6, 2009

Ex files

Today is Friday, and N has to work late, which is such a bummer. Of course, I'm still at work and it's almost six, but he probably won't be home until after ten. Boo!



I don't have any words in yet today, since I'm still at work. And I want to try and coordinate dinner with N, so I hope I actually do get them in today...



Comebacknikki told a funny ex story, and it made me wonder if I had any good ones. The thing is, I don't have a lot of exes. There are two people I was in actual relationships with that I didn't end up married to.



One was my high school boyfriend, J, who I still talk to every now and then. We have mutual friends, plus he's a pretty cool guy in general. N has hung out with several times, and it seems that the idea of hanging out with the guy who took my virginity makes him not even a little bit uncomfortable.



Then there's M, who I have written about before. I just realized it wasn't here, but on MySpace, so I'll go get it...Okay, here it is.


Story time:
I have this ex-boyfriend, let's call him M. (Because that's his name.) And I have been trying, in an on-again, off-again sort of way, to get back in touch with him for a number of years. See, we dated before I got back together with A and ultimately married him. He and A didn't get along. It wasn't really to do with me, but it became my issue because A was my husband...anyway, we lost touch. Then, after A died, I did talk to him a few times, but then he suddenly stopped talking to me again. In the interest of baring all here, I think he thought that I was getting back in touch so I could sleep with him. He acted like he was offended because I hadn't talked to him in so long, but I don't think he actually cares about talking to me. Because I actually did not want to sleep with him...I wanted to get back in touch with a friend. Before we dated, we were friends, and I still miss him sometimes. The M that I was friends with, that is. M the boyfriend was ..... difficult.
Okay, so here's another part. There was one time while I was in nursing school and I on-again tried to e-mail him because we were studying the illness he had in college. He didn't get back to me. I thought, Okay, maybe that's offensive or something. But then a little over a year ago I tried again, for a more amusing reason.
Backstory: D is a friend I have had most of my life. He is totally one of the best people in the world, and I love him. At certain times in my life, I have thought I was in love with him. No, I was in love with him for sure. And at one point, he said he might be in love with me too. At the time, I was dating M. Nothing happened, but there it is. When M I broke up, we talked about all this, and he sort of gave D and I his blessing, so to speak. (they had met, they got along.) But then D and I didn't end up getting together. At the time I wasn't sure why, but nothing happened the rest of that summer, and then D went to spend the semester in Spain and I went back to A. I heard, from a mutual friend, that M was upset when he heard I did not get together with D. That may not be true, but that's what the friend said.
Christmas 2006, N and I are out East, hanging out with my friends, one of whom is D, of course. All of a sudden, D decided to come out to us. I was overjoyed! He's gay! Years of wondering what exactly the deal was...and here was the answer. Cool. I thought a million things and asked a million questions. Down the road, I one day thought of M and thought that he would find it hilarious! But. No current contact info, and no one seems to know how to track him down.
So here I am, blogging about it. I don't know why it came up tonight, except that I have not been blogging lately and I needed a good story. I doubt M cares enough to know I have a blog, but I guess there's chance he could see this. Maybe I'm even hoping he will. Anyway, it's funny.


So there you go, my random ex story for the night. What's funny is that I recently gave D the address of my blog, so maybe he'll see this story. Everything's connected...

No comments: