Monday, November 9, 2009

The Full Monty

I'm over 15,000 words, right on target. I can't believe I'm still keeping up. I know I'm only nine days in, but I'm still excited that I've been getting my words in every day. Woot!

On Saturday night we saw The Full Monty, and it was awesome! The adaptation to a musical was done really well. The actors were all great, the songs were fun, everything was great. Except that during the scene when...SPOILER ALERT - if you haven't seen the movie, you may not want to read about this...

During the scene when two of the guys realize they are attracted to each other, I noticed a certain tension in the audience. I thought it was so strange! First, we're in the Twin Cities - a liberal area. Second, it's the theater, and a musical at that. You'd think the audience would be down with a little homoerotica. But maybe it's just me.

As I'm writing this, I'm watching Will and Grace. Hee hee.

No comments: