Wednesday, September 10, 2008

About the Name

I was planning on doing a real post tonight, but then I stayed on the phone with my sister for far too long and it's now way past my bedtime, so I'll just do a short one.

I like the name truth monkey because it combines two of my favorite things. I am addicted to monkeys...I likie the word, stuffed animals, monkey-print socks, you name it. And I have a degree in philosophy, so ostensibly I like truth. If you can find it. But that's a discussion for another day.

I'm a nurse, by the way, so some might argue that my degree in philosophy is not in use, but I like to believe it informs my daily life in a way that a job cannot. Or that could be a massive rationalization. But as Michael says (in The Big Chill), "Don't knock rationalizations...they're more important than sex...Ever gone two weeks without a rationalization?"

Anyway, for my senior seminar in philosophy we had to present our papers and the presentation was open to the whole campus. My classmates and I decided that the flyers would read, "Truth and Cookies." After date and time there was small print at the bottom, "*Cookies just might be served." I know, it's not terribly clever, but with the three of us and our professor, it fit. Anyway, when I was naming the blog I thought of that, and then I decided that a truth monkey might rather have truth and bananas. So there you go.

No comments: