Thursday, September 11, 2008

TGI almost F

I'm so excited that tomorrow is Friday. This has actually been a pretty good week, especially compared to the last few. Because of our vacation, N and I only worked two days last week, an d the week before that only three days because of IVF stuff. So a five day week seemed really long.

I did have the worst few weeks at work before this one. I work in a nursing home, and I got transferred from the transitional care unit, where I did admissions, to one of the long term care units to be a nurse manager. The issue was that I was not exactly consulted on the transfer decision. It's a long, drawn-out, painful story. Suffice it to say that I suddenly found myself in a new job for which I had no real training, feeling like I had been strung up by my toes over a pit of vipers. Cheerful. Then some other position changes happened, so now I have a new boss. I think he'll be good to learn from, but also not a micro-manager. This week I got a lot of questions answered, and I didn't feel miserable going in to work every day like I had for the last few weeks. Which is horrible, really, because I've worked there for 6.5 years, and that was the first time I felt like that.

The vacation helped. It was hard to relax, it took us both a few days. We were exhausted, which made the SD vacation perfect - I recommend it to all tired people. We drove out there, drove all around the scenic routes at Custer State Park, drove from memorial to memorial...all in all, very relaxing. Also beautiful. I took tons of pictures of the Black Hills, the Needles, all the memorials, the badlands, and all the animals we saw all over the park. Amazing. If I were on the right computer I would post some pictures. Next time.

No comments: