Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sports Fan

You know you're a baseball fan when you leave the stadium after your home team's disappointing loss and immediately turn the radio to another game to make sure the rivals are also losing. Even better when you get home and, since you have to turn off the radio, run in and find the game on television. If the White Sox lose tonight,the Twins won't have completely screwed themselves by losing this afternoon.

It's interesting to me that I am so into this now, since I used to hate sports. Well, I thought I did. But I never liked gaming until A taught me how to do it right either. And N loves sports, so when we got together he made it fun for me too. The first time I went to the Metrodome I fell in love. It was so cool to see it all in person, hear all the fans, smell the hot dogs. :) Of course, back then I didn't eat them, but I've recently trained my stomach, because it's so much more fun with a Dome dog! The first season I really only cared if we were there. But then I started to get to know the players, and I would watch a little bit if I came across the game on television. Then I started tuning in on the radio on the way home from work. By now, I'm hooked. I'm not obsessed...I don't memorize stats or watch every game. But I have played fantasy baseball, and I do find myself watching other games that have an effect on the Twins' season. :)

I also enjoy watching basketball with N. He says baseball is his number one sport too,but I think he loves basketball more, but enjoys me loving baseball. Anyway, basketball I mostly like when we go to the game. If we watch at home I'm mostly reading and just looking up to check the score or to see a good replay. Football I mostly just put up with. I don't mind if it's on,and I think I mostly get the rules now, but it's not exciting. Unless Peyton Manning is playing, because he's hilarious. :)

So yeah, I guess I'm a sports fan. Who knew?

No comments: