Monday, April 13, 2009

meme

Since I wanted to blog today, but couldn't get anything meaningful out of my messy head (what else is new?), I stole a meme from one of my favorite bloggers. So thanks to the ferrett.



Who Am I?
I'm truth-monkey, also known as Amanda. I'm 31, a wife, a nurse, a friend, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a dog-mom. I like my job, I love my husband and our life, I want to be a mom so bad I could scream, but that hasn't happened yet. I believe in love, learning, and yes, God too (but that's a whole different issue). I'm the most introspective person I know, which is often annoying.


Who Am I Involved With, And For How Long?
I'm married to N. We met just over seven years ago, not very long after my first husband, A, had died. I wasn't looking for anything new, N just fell in my lap. I tried to stop it from happening at first, but our connection was too right to be ignored. He saved me, and gave me a new life. And even though he never met A, he also helps me keep his memory alive. N is the best person I know, my best friend as well as my lover.


Where Do I Live?
We live in our amazing house in Wyoming, MN. It's a split level, four bedrooms, with great lighting. It was the fifth house we saw on the first day of looking, and as soon as we pulled in the driveway, we knew it was our house. We have a big back yard for our crazy dog, Loki (who has Marley beat hands down in the category of naughty dogs), a sunroom, and a room downstairs for my library. it's perfect, and we're never moving again. The only drawback is that people get wimpy about har far away it is from the metro (40 min) and don't come over all that often. Oh, wait. . .Did I call that a drawback?




What Do I Do?
I'm an RN, and right now I work as a nurse manager in a long term care facility in Minneapolis. It's a 38 bed unit, and I basically follow up on nurses and nursing assistants, as well as coordinate with the social worker, dietician, etc. Basically, it's an office job but I can still use my nursing skills, have weekends and holidays off, and make good enough money. Also, I get to hang out with the nursing home residents, which is the best part of the job.



What Are My Political/Religious Leanings?
I always describe myself as super liberal. But I don't think that covers the whole picture. I think I would vote Libertatrian if they could get themselves together. I am very socially liberal, and I have pacificst leanings. I do not consider myself a Democrat, but I think mainly I just don't like boxes. And I try not to be judmental, but if a Republican said it, I probably disagree.


What Are My Notable Maladies?
I have acid reflux, which is annoying but also well managed by meds so far. While I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac in my head, I actually don't have a lot wrong with me. My only really notable malady is infertility, which I'm not sure qualifies as a malady. Maybe a mental illness, which is more what it feels like. N and I have been trying for over 5 years, and I just had a miscarriage last month, after getting pregnant by IVF. This means that I can get preganant, which is supposedly good news, but my brain doesn't interpret it that way yet. We'll just have to see what the next attempt brings, once I'm ready for that.

What Are My Notable Hobbies?
I read. A lot. Incessantly. When I'm not reading, there are tons of other things I like to do, most of which also involve hanging out with my husband. (Actually, reading usually involves that too, since he's most likely to be next to me on the couch with his laptop.) I'm a huge Twins fan, so now that baseball season has started, I am often watching or listening to a game or (better yet) going to one. I love movies, trying new restaurants, traveling (love road trips!) and talking on the phone with my family. But usually, I'm reading.

Questions?
I don't think there'll be any, but I'll answer if there are...

No comments: