Friday, April 3, 2009

The trip and what it didn't solve

So I went home to get away from it all...and really I ended up right in it. What else was I expecting? Although my brother didn't show up, and my mom wasn't even in the state, the sisters pulled through. The M clan can never get together without some drama ensuing. This time I did manage to be uninvolved and escaped unscathed, but the psyche still recoils at the lengths my family will go to piss each other off. Histrionic should be our last name. What are you going to do?

I did see some really cute babies and little kids, and I saw friends, and all the sisters were cool before and after the drama moment. So overall it was a good trip. I told everyone the bad news, and it made it seem first more real, then more dealable, the more often I told it. I had a miscarriage. Now that everyone knows, I figured I could mention it here. It was only 8 weeks, but it was the furthest we've ever gotten...now I will never be able to say that I have never been pregnant. This is both good and bad. The doctors say it's good that I actually got pregnant, that it means we may be able to get there. It's bad for obvious reasons. And I find that I am sick of talking about it, and also don't know how to stop. Maybe when we start the next round I will have something else to concentrate on.

The new Indigo Girls album (which rocks!) has a song called Second Time Around that I've been obsessed with. The whole song is great, but the important part is

I got bitten by the bitter bug, and now I just can't get enough
of ill will and my own conceit
I'm weary of the world, it seems
I'm wearly of the world, weary of the world it seems.
It's sort of always gone my way
I'm just a little bit off these days

That's how I feel. I know I have so much. But I am still weary of this.

I need a theme. It seems I don't have an interesting enough life, or even inner life, to sustain a good blog. I need a theme. Hmm...

No comments: