Monday, May 18, 2009

cruise!!

We're going on a cruise!! Woo-hoo!!

N and I decided that we need a break. We took that long weekend on the Cape, but if you've ever spent any time with my family, you kow it's not really a vacation. (sorry, guys - I love you all, but there's less drama on some Jerry Springer episodes.) So while it was great to see everyone and have a family weekend, we still need a vacation.

After many weeks of searching for a deal, we finally found it and we are headed to Alaska on June 6th!!! My brain is spinning with all the details - what to pack, doggie care, how to set up at work. I haven't been gone for a full work week since I had this job, and I'm nervous about that. But I know it will be taken care of, and that I have to not care, just for seven days.

We've been wanting to go to Alaska for years, so it's hard to believe we are finally doing it. Our honeymoon cruise, to the western carribean, was the best vacation ever. So I'm fully expecting this one to measure right up there. It's Norwegian again, fo course, but a different ship. I can't wait to explore it! We already booked our shore excursions too. I can't wait!!

5 comments:

Jenn Bennett said...

Oh cool! We booked our western carribean for October, so I'm so excited about it. It's my first one!! We had debated an Alaskan cruise, but the airfare from NY is just too expensive. What excursions did you decide on?

Biddie said...

Ooh, what fun! I have always thought that a cruise would be the best ever vacation (ever since I was a kid watching all of the Love Boat episodes). I know what you mean about needing a vacation after you have had one with family. :)
The only set back for me, aside from a cash flow problem, is that I terrified of deep water.
Have loads of fun.

Truth-Monkey said...

Yeah, when we went on the first cruise I thought that the deep water would freak me out, but the ship is so huge that it's like being in a building, rather than on water.

Jenn, I'm so excited for you!! Tell me all about your stops! You're going to love it, it's the best. We are doing a train thing, and a boat thing that involves a glacier...I'll have to ask N the names of our excursion trips...

comebacknikki said...

Okay, it must be cruise season... M & I are also planning to go on one at the end of the year (from Barcelona to Greece)!

Truth-Monkey said...

Brcelona to Greece?!? You win!! That sounds so exciting!