Monday, May 11, 2009

happy entry

Last week I promised myself that I was going to write about something happy. Then the stupid ER thing happened, and I wrote about that instead. Now I have rested all weekend, and I am determined to have a happy entry for once. I am throwing off the cloak of negativity I was wearing last week (and the whole situation that I continued tonguing at, like a wound on the roof of my mouth, long after I should have ignored it) and putting on my happiness shawl. Or whatever.

N and I had a really fun weekend. On Friday we saw the new Star Trek movie, which I loved. I can't believe how good the casting was, I truly forgot about the actors and was completely absorbed in the characters. I didn't want it to end, and I can't wait for the next one. And in the meantime, I may have to dig out the old episodes and watch them again!

On Saturday we had a really interesting conversation, which could easily have been an argument, but then we talked instead, and we learned some new things. I won't go into all the particulars here, but I think it is amazing that after seven years of sharing everything with each other, we can still learn new things.

Last night, at about 10pm, we decided that we needed to go to Perkins. N is always saying that he needs potato pancakes at ridiculous hours of the night. This was early enough that we could do it, so off we went. And then, at the restaurant, he made me laugh so hard I got the hiccups. Thankfully, I was done with french toast before the hiccups started.

We have always had so much fun together. But now, with all that we've got going on, it has felt really good these last few weeks to be just ourselves again. I think we could maybe get out of the stress if we spend a little longer like this.

3 comments:

Jenn Bennett said...

That is one of my favorite things about my husband. He can still genuinely make me laugh. He is truly one of the funniest people I have ever met. We always have something to talk about, and can still talk all night like when we first started dating. It's those little things that make me realize how lucky I am to have him in my life.

Frankengirl said...

Star trek was awesome! Nicholas recorded some of the episodes for me. I'd never seen them, man oh man are they pure cheese, but I like it.

Truth-Monkey said...

Yes, the pure cheese factor is the best part! Yay for our Nicholas for showing you the way! :)

Jenn, I'm so glad you married such a keeper, and glad to not be the only one in the universe who is still crazy in love with her husband!