Wednesday, May 13, 2009

love!

Last post, I talked about N making me laugh, and I got a cool response. So, in keeping with my resolve to be positive for a while, I thought I'd do a post dedicated to my amazing husband.

  • When we met, I had recently lost A. I was a widow, with not a lot to smile about, and he made me smile again. Not to mention, he immediately wanted to hear all about A, and has never made me feel bad about missing him or talking about him. Actually, there are times that I forget they never met, because he seems to know so much about him.
  • He thinks that if his belly button opens, all his innards will come out. Which makes it really fun to poke his belly button. :)
  • He plugs my cell phone in for me at night, he kills spiders for me, he never leaves the seat up, and he lets me put my cold feet on him even though I never let him put his cold feet on me.
  • Whenever I am feeling bad about myself, which is often, he always disagrees with me and tells me I'm wonderful. Or he'll say, "Hey, that's my wife you're talking about."
  • He has the same three best friends he's had since he was six.
  • He will spend hours on the internet, searching for a good deal for any trip we go on, any appliance we buy, any random item that I need and don't want to buy at the store. It's fun for him, and I get the best stuff.
  • He also makes me a packet every time we go on a trip, which includes our travel info, hotel info, itinerary, maps, anything else he thinks we'll need...and then he puts a cover page on it that says something like, "N and A's European Adventure!" I keep them for our scrapbooks.
  • Whenever I call out to him from another room, he always answers with, "Yes, love?"
  • He is a really good kisser. I mean, really good. This, of course, often leads to other things, which he also excels at, but the kissing is what really got me.
  • He has such a good soul. He is always thinking about other people and putting them before himself. Often that person is me, and I am always trying to deserve it.
  • He is completely oblivious to girls hitting on him or having crushes. I always have to point it out.
  • He is 6' 10" and completely comfortable with that. After more than seven years, I still laugh when people ask him how tall he is...and he's still calm about it after almost thirty years!
  • If he doesn't know the answer to a question, he just makes something up. Most of the time, people believe him. It cracks him up that I'm the oly one who calls him on it, every time. Even if a story is true, he likes to embellish it. He just likes to laugh.

Okay, I'll stop with a baker's dozen. There is always more I could say, but I have to stop some time. The most important point is that I always love being with him, no matter what we're doing. And when we go through trying times, it's best to remember things like that. No matter what the outcome of all the fertility issues, I am glad to be married to N.

1 comment:

Biddie said...

This was a sweet post..I should try to remember things like this about my Hubby more often.