Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bibliomania

I have a serious book problem. Right now, people who know me are thinking - duh! But really, it's getting out of control. This summer I went to a tent sale the Half Price Books was having and, because I had a 25 dollar gift certificate, bought 27 books. Then a few weeks ago there was a buy-two-get-the-third-free sale on graphic novels and sci-fi and fantasy at Borders. I had a big gift certificate that I had been saving and went to the sale only to discover I had forgotten it at home. I bought books anyway. Then yesterday I say they are having another sale at Borders, all fiction is buy one get one half off, and I am totally going this afternoon, this time with my gift certificate. This may not seem really crazy to some book loving people, but I also go on weekly library trips. So even though I read a ridiculously large amount, I hardly ever catch up to what I've already bought. But I can't stop! Must! Have! More! Books!

The other problem is that I really don't like reading more than one book at a time. I know some people like to do that. And I've tried reading one fiction and one nofiction, but I always end up finishing one before I can really concentrate on the other one. So it's one at a time, and even thought I read faster than most people, it's still too slow for my buying habits. (I'm not bragging about it, but people are constantly having an amazed reaction to how fast I read. I think it's more about a sick dedication than speed. I'd rather read than almost anything.)

I seriously want to leave work early to go to this book sale. I have priority issues.

No comments: