Monday, November 10, 2008

Twilight

I am completely addicted to the Twilight series. Yes, I am an adult. And I'm an avid reader who usually has more discerning taste. ( I say usually because I'm also in love with Harry Potter.) But I can't help it, the books are so fun!

I started with Twilight because I read the back of the book in the store and it really made me laugh. This is what it says:

About three things I was absolutely positive: First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him–and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be–that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Seriously? So N bought it for me for Christmas, and then I was hooked. I've always loved vampires, and Edward has some traits in common with one of the loves of my life. Now I love the whole series, but he first one is my favorite. And now there's going to be a movie!! Yeah!!

Except, movies made from books usually suck. So I'm waiting with bated breath to see if this one can actually live up to the book. And I already don't like the cast. Cedric Diggory, or whatever his real name is, isn't Edward, but he's grown on me a little with the trailers I've seen. The girl who is playing Bella has not. I can't wait to see it and then spend days complaining about it!!

I also saw online there's a bunch of themed t-shirts and stuff, and I'm seriously thinking of buying one. I'm such a geek.

2 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Sigh. I've been avoiding reading the first one b/c I didn't want to get sucked into another series, but I think I'm going to have to go for it. I used to read all of those YA vampire books when I was younger - vampires are way hot. :)

Truth-Monkey said...

I know, I waited for the same reason, series are a pain. But you should read it because Edward is hotter than hot. :)