Monday, November 24, 2008

Movie Review

Well, just to finish out a trio of blogs about it...I saw Twilight. I give it a B, which I think is pretty generous. My question for all people who makes books into movies: If the story is good enough that you think it would be a good movie, why waste time deleting things from the story just to add things in that didn't happen? Usually, when I complain about a movie that's been made from a book I like (which, let's be honest, is every time) someone will point out that it couldn't be exactly like the book because that would take too much time. But they waste time adding new, and stupid, scenes. That time would be better served actually representing the real story. Maybe that's just me.

I did think it was cute that Stephenie Meyer made an appearrance, a la Hitchcock. But she should have spent less time planning her appearnace, and more time defending her book.

The girl made a better Bella than I thought she would, but Edward was a little too awkward for me. I'll probably still but the DVD, but I'll bitch every time I watch it. :)

No comments: